||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Laura Fygi (born 27 August 1955 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch singer.
Background and career
Between 1984 and 1991, Laura Fygi was a member of one of the most popular Dutch girl-bands, Centerfold, known for their hit "Dictator". During performances, the ladies dressed themselves in sexy lingerie. They had hits in the Netherlands and all over Europe. They were big in Japan.
In 1991, the ladies of Centerfold stopped performing and Laura (together with Rowan Moore) started a band called The Backlot. After one performance in Dutch theatre Paradiso, an album was expected, but Mercury Records had already asked Laura to make a solo album. This first album of hers was called Introducing, produced by Ruud Jacobs. On this album, she was accompanied by famous Belgian musician Jean "Toots" Thielemans. Most of the songs on the album are jazz.
- Introducing 1991
- Bewitched 1993
- The Lady Wants to Know 1994
- Turn Out the Lamplight 1995
- Watch What Happens 1997
- Dream your dream 1998 (released in Japan only)
- Live 1998
- Laura Fygi's tunes of passion 1999 (special release for Jaguar Nederland)
- The Latin Touch 2000
- Change 2001
- Live at Ronnie Scott's 2003
- The Very Best Time of Year 2004
- Rendez-vous 2007
- Songs from Movies & Musicals 2009
- The Best is Yet to Come 2011
- Victoria Grant/Count Victor Grazinski in Victor/Victoria, Singapore 2009