Laura Gibson is a Portland-area folk singer and songwriter. She was raised in Coquille, Oregon. She currently resides in New York City, where she is completing graduate work at Hunter College.
She currently records for the independent U.S. label Hush Records. In 2008, she toured the United States as the opening act for Colin Meloy. She also added vocal harmonies to his Colin Meloy Sings Sam Cooke EP. In 2009 she toured the first time in Europe with Micah Rabwin and Sean Ogilvie from Musée Mécanique.
She has worked with many other musicians, including Laura Veirs, Danny Seim, and Rachel Blumberg. Gibson has also collaborated with The Portland Cello Project.
Gibson covered "Edelweiss" from The Sound Of Music for American Laundromat Records charity CD "Sing Me To Sleep - Indie Lullabies".
She is a graduate of Linfield College.
- If You Come to Greet Me (2006, Hush)
- Beasts of Seasons (2009, Hush)
- La Grande (2012, Barsuk)
- Amends (2004, self)
- Six White Horses: Blues & Traditionals Vol. 1 (2006, Hush)
Gibson recorded a cover of Li'l Red Riding Hood for a Volvo commercial. The song is now available as a digital single.
- ^ "Uncommon Folk: Laura Gibson", Indie Folk Forever, November 15, 2006
- ^ "Laura Gibson Fire Recovery Fund", "Laura Gibson Fire Recovery Fund", March 27, 2015
- ^ McLain, Lorin (19 October 2007). "Gibson's nostalgic sound mixes jazz, blues". The Daily Courier. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- ^ Maddux, Rachael, "Catching Up With... Colin Meloy", Paste Magazine Online, April 2, 2008 10:20 AM
- ^ Gadette, Jamie (February 24, 2009). "Laura Gibson is beginning to trust her instincts". Venus Zine. Retrieved 2009-06-13.