Laura J. Alber
Laura J. Alber (born September 7, 1968) is an American businesswoman and currently the Director, President, and CEO of Williams-Sonoma.since May 26, 2010 and as its President since July 2006. Ms. Alber served as the President of Pottery Barn Brands, a subsidiary of Williams-sonoma Inc. from February 11, 2002 to 2006. She was responsible for the Pottery Barn Merchandising and Pottery Barn Kids stores.
She joined Williams-sonoma in 1995 as a buyer in the Pottery Barn subsidiary brand and later rose to President of that division, serving in that capacity from 2002 to 2006. Alber moved to the newly created role of President of Williams-Sonoma in 2006 where she continued her lead of Pottery Barn and the company's global supply chain, logistics, and Middle East expansion.
In 2010, she was elected to the company's board and named as CEO, replacing retiring W. Howard Lester. At that time, she was the 10th highest paid woman in U.S. business, with an estimated compensation of $13,555,412. In 2011, the San Francisco Business Times named her one of the most influential women in San Francisco.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Executive Biographies
- Laura Alber: Executive Profile & Biography - BusinessWeek
- "Lester steps down as Williams-Sonoma CEO".
- "25 Highest-Paid Women". CNN.
- "150 Most Influential Women in Bay Area business named". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- Women In Leadership Conference - Making Your Mark 2008
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|