Laura Noble writes for numerous publications including Next Level and Image magazines, as a regular columnist in London Independent Photography and as Editor-at-large for Photoicon Magazine. Noble has written for a number of monographs and is the author of The Fine Art of Collecting Photography.
In 2009, after several years at The Photographers' Gallery she established the Diemar/Noble Photography Gallery in London with photographic consultant Michael Diemar. The gallery stocked and exhibited a wide range of photographic work, from the medium’s early masters to current and cutting-edge contemporary work. The gallery's agenda intended to promote new photography to as wide an audience as possible, by presenting new or little seen works in context with classic proponents of the medium. In 2010, it was selected as the host gallery for the Prix Pictet commission by Ed Kashi. In the same year, Time Out called Diemar/Noble "one of the capital's top spots for photography." The gallery closed in August 2012.
L A Noble Gallery
Noble founded the L A Noble Gallery in September 2012. It was launched at the Unseen Photo Fair in Amsterdam. Noble is the sole director of the gallery which enables her to concentrate on predominantly contemporary photography.
Lectures and Appearances
From 2009 to 2013, Laura Noble was selected for the panel of international experts delivering portfolio reviews at Les Rencontres d'Arles and as a member of the judging committee for The Renaissance Arts Prize - Photography and Video Art Awards. She has delivered seminars on collecting photography at Westminster University, Rochester University, Glasgow Art Fair and at Fundacio Foto Colectania, Barcelona. At the latter, she was invited to host the interview presentation with photographer Albert Watson.
Selected Published Writing
- The Art of Collecting Photography. Published by AVA Publishing SA, 2006. ISBN 2-88479-028-4, ISBN 978-2-88479-028-4
- With Lluis Real. London. Published by John Rule Sales & Marketing, 2006. ISBN 84-611-2977-6, ISBN 978-84-611-2977-5
- With Jonathan Anderson, Edwin Low, Tex Light & Sie Dallas. Chrysalis. Published by Light & Sie, 2007
- With Yvonne De Rosa, Sarah Milano. Crazy God. Published by Damiani, 2008. ISBN 88-6208-020-4, ISBN 978-88-6208-020-0
- With Jonathan Anderson, Edwin Low. Circus. Published by Lucky Panda Press, 2008
- With Jennie Gunhammar. Somewhere I have never travelled, gladly beyond. Damiani Editore, 2009. ISBN 978-88-6208-081-1
- With Bertil Nilsson. Undisclosed: Images of the Contemporary Circus Artist. Published by Canalside Books, 2011. ISBN 978-0-9568872-0-7
- "PHOTOICON INTERVIEW: John Hoppy Hopkins Tapping the Zeitgeist". Photoicon.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- The art of collecting photography - Laura Noble - Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Photography News | Deimar/noble Photography Opens New Gallery In London On May 7th With Jennie Gunhammar Exhibition". I Photo Central. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Prix Pictet Commission Photographs at Diemar/Noble, London". Prix Pictet. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Time Out Online Profile of Diemar Noble Photography Gallery". Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "An Open Letter from Laura Noble concerning the closure of Diemar Noble Photography". Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "L A Noble Gallery (UK) launches at Unseen Photo Fair". Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Les Recontres d'Arles: Experts 2012". Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "George Barber". Street Level Photoworks. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Ciclo práctico de coleccionismo de fotografía 2008". Barcelonaphotobloggers.org. 2008-03-16. Retrieved 2012-02-23.