Laura Jane Silverman (born June 10, 1966, in Bedford, New Hampshire) is an American actress/voice actress, and the elder sister of actress/comedian Sarah Silverman. She is best known for portraying a fictionalized version of herself alongside her sister in Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic and The Sarah Silverman Program. She also appears in Who's the Caboose?, a 1997 theatrical film starring her sister, and voices "Laura," the sarcastic receptionist on the animated comedy television series Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist.
Selected acting roles
Silverman was born to Beth Ann O'Hara and Donald Silverman. Her parents are divorced and each remarried (to John O'Hara and Janice).
She has three sisters: Rabbi Susan, screenwriter Jodyne, and comedian/writer/actress Sarah Silverman. Her brother Jeffrey Michael died when he was 3 months old
Eldest sister Susan is a rabbi who lives in Jerusalem, Israel with her husband Yosef Abramowitz and their five children.
- ^ Smith, Lynn (February 4, 2007). "Two for the show. Laura Silverman shores up her sister but doesn't shy from the limelight.". Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, California: Eddy Hartenstein). ISSN 0458-3035. OCLC 3638237. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- ^ "Laura Silverman - Biography". IMDB. 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- ^ "Laura Silverman". BuddyTV. Seattle, Washington: David Niu, Andy Liu. July 16, 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- ^ Podell, Corey (February 21, 2007). "Interview with Laura Silverman - LAist". LAist. Gothamist. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- ^ Diaz, Amy (December 5, 2002). "Queen City comedy is killing 'em. A look past the punchlines at the city's famous-and not so famous-comedians.". Hippo Press (Manchester, New Hampshire: HippoPress LLC). OCLC 53451249. Archived from the original on August 14, 2004. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- ^ a b Silverman, Susan (2007-11-15). "My sister Sarah". JewishJournal.com.
- ^ http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126165357
- ^ bu (2011-11-10). "Sister Act". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-05-29.