Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Home station||BBC Radio 4|
Andy Marlatt (s1-2)
James Sherwood (s1-2)
Gareth Glynn (s3)
John Luke Roberts (s3)
|Air dates||10 January 2007to 23 December 2009|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||18|
|Website||BBC website page|
Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking is a comedy sketch show created by British Perrier Award winning comedian, Laura Solon. The show was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4. Following her success with Kopfraper's Syndrome: One Man and His Incredible Mind, Solon went on to create the show with the BBC. Like in her previous shows, Talking and Not Talking uses a variety of short sketches, featuring different characters, some recurring, some not. The show was voted on the British Comedy Guide website as the "Best British Radio Sketch Show of 2008".
The first series was broadcast between 10 January 2007 and 14 February 2007. The second series was broadcast between 28 May 2008 and 2 July 2008. The third series was recorded in April and May 2009 and began broadcasting on 18 November 2009.
- China Lion, a china ornament owned by a demented Teutonic lady. In each of its occurrences, the German lady describes how she came by China Lion, each time in different, very strange circumstances. In later series, the lady interrupts various BBC procedures to recount tales of imaginary battles between her and her domestic staff, particularly her nemesis, the cleaner.
- Gwynneth, an hilariously inept call-centre operative with a Welsh accent who always gives completely useless advice.
- Divorcee Carole Price whose unworkable business ideas, such as the cushion cover cover, fail to cover the disintegration of her life. This character also appears in the TV series Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder.
- Time Travelling Pride and Prejudice girls, they use a stargate in order to find husbands. Often appearing through fridges and other appliances.
- A Russian tyrant trying to settle into modern life in the UK.
- A French Journalist who hates the English.
- "The Comedy.co.uk Awards 2008". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- James Kettle (7 March 2009). "Comedy review: Laura Solon, Talking And Not Talking, CD". The Guardian (London).
- James Kettle (23 January 2010). "This week's comedy previews". The Guardian (London).
- Julian Hall (12 August 2009). "Laura Solon: Rabbit-Faced Story Soup, Assembly Rooms". The Independent on Sunday (London).
- Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking at BBC Programmes
- Laura Solon: Talking and Not Talking at the British Comedy Guide
|This BBC Radio-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|