|Also known as||King Felix, Ina Cube|
|Origin||Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||Electronic, Experimental Music, Techno, Ambient|
Halo is a classically trained musician.
Her work reveals influence from the music of her home state. The physical process and impact of time are reoccurring motifs.
Halo released her debut album Quarantine on the London-based label Hyperdub in June 2012. The album received widespread critical praise, and was named the number one Album of the Year by The Wire magazine.
In a live context Halo’s music is centered around hybrid rhythms, bass and psychedelic push.
Singles and EPs
- King Felix EP (Hippos in Tanks, 2010)
- Hour Logic EP (Hippos In Tanks, 2011)
- Antenna EP (NNA Tapes, 2011)
- "Sunlight on the Faded" (Hyperdub, 2012)
- Behind the Green Door EP (Hyperdub, 2013)
- FRKWYS Vol. 7: Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo and Lopatin (RVNG Intl., 2011)
- Lester, Paul (23 May 2011). "Laurel Halo (No 1,028)". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Phares, Heather. "Laurel Halo - biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Pelly, Jenn (20 August 2013). "Laurel Halo Announces New Album, Chance Of Rain | News | Pitchfork". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 28 August 2013.