Laurel Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Location of Laurel Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.74 sq mi (82.2 km2)|
|• Land||31.5 sq mi (82 km2)|
|• Water||0.23 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||51.9/sq mi (20.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453544|
Laurel Township was established in 1845.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.74 square miles (82.2 km2), of which 31.5 square miles (82 km2) (or 99.24%) is land and 0.23 square miles (0.60 km2) (or 0.72%) is water. Triple Lakes is in this township.
Cities and towns
- Columbia Township, Fayette County (north)
- Jackson Township, Fayette County (northeast)
- Blooming Grove Township (east)
- Metamora Township (southeast)
- Salt Creek Township (southwest)
- Posey Township (west)
- Orange Township, Fayette County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Gobel, Jenks and North.
- "Laurel Township, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 176.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|