Trivelpiece worked in her youth as fruit-picker and later, after graduating from the University of California at Berkeley with a Bachelors degree in English Literature, as an editor and copy-writer for Macys and other department stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. She lived in Corte Madera, California.
Trivelpiece authored two poetry collections, four young adult novels, one adult novel, and prize-winning fiction and plays. Her second poetry collection, Blue Holes (Alice James Books, 1987), won the Beatrice Hawley Award, and one of her poems was included in Best American Poetry 1995. Her poems also appeared in literary journals and magazines including Poetry, The Massachusetts Review, The American Poetry Review, and The Malahat Review.
- Blue Holes. Alice James Books. 1987. ISBN 978-0-914086-74-1.
- Legless in flight. Woolmer/Brotherson Ltd. 1978. ISBN 978-0-913506-05-9.
Young Adult Novels
- Just a Little Bit Lost. Scholastic. 1988. ISBN 978-0-590-41465-4.
- Trying Not to Love You. Pocket Books. 1985. ISBN 978-0-671-54394-5.
- In Love and in Trouble. Schuster Merchandise. 1984. ISBN 978-0-671-50443-4.
- During Water Peaches. Lippincott. 1979. ISBN 978-0-397-31831-5.
- Richard Howard, David Lehman, ed. (1995). "Nursery". The Best American Poetry 1995. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-0-684-80151-3.
- Crime Fiction IV: A Comprehensive Bibliography 1749-2000 by Allen J. Hubin > Part 15
- Alice James Books > Author Page > Laurel Trivelpiece
- Poetry > August 1992 > Table of Contents
- Poetry > Historical Index of Contributors > Laurel Trivelpiece
- The Massachusetts Review > Table of Contents 1980 - 1989 > Volume 21, Issue 1, Spring, 1980
- The American Poetry Review> January/February 1976 > Vol. 5 No. 1 - Online Edition > Contributors
- The Malahat Review > Number 96, Fall 1991 > Contributors
- Alice James Books > Poems by Laurel Trivelpiece
- Review: Virginia Quarterly Review > Issues > Autumn 1978 > pp.127-148 > Recent Books > Legless in Flight by Laurel Trivelpiece
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This American novelist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|