Laurel micropolitan area
|Laurel micropolitan statistical area|
|• Total||1,377 sq mi (3,570 km2)|
|• Land||1,370 sq mi (3,500 km2)|
|• Water||7 sq mi (20 km2)|
|• Density||61.9/sq mi (23.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
The Laurel Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in the southeastern Mississippi that covers two counties - Jasper and Jones. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 83,107 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 85,716).
As of the census of 2000, there were 83,107 people, 30,983 households, and 22,507 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 65.73% White, 32.13% African American, 0.32% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.67% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $26,614, and the median income for a family was $32,208. Males had a median income of $27,728 versus $18,333 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $13,855.
- List of metropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of micropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of cities in Mississippi
- List of towns and villages in Mississippi
- List of census-designated places in Mississippi
- List of United States metropolitan areas
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|