Lauren Cornell was born and raised in New York City. She started her career in the arts managing the Ocularis microcinema in Brooklyn, NY. In 2005 she joined Rhizome, but stepped down as Executive Director in July 2012 to curate the New Museum's Third Generational Triennial in 2015.
- Rhizome Artbase 101, June-September 2005
- YOUNG-HAE CHANG HEAVY INDUSTRIES BLACK ON WHITE, GRAY ASCENDING, December 2007-March 2008
- The Sound of Things: Unmonumental Audio, February-March 2008
- Montage: Unmonumental Online, February-March 2008
- The Generational: Younger Than Jesus, April-July 2009
- Free, October 2010-January 2011
- Museum as Hub: Walking Drifting Dragging, January-February 2013