|Born||Lauren Rose Crace
25 May 1986
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Crace attended Swanshurst School in Billesley, and then Cadbury Sixth Form College, where she took both a GCSE and an A-Level in Drama.
Crace began her acting career as an extra, having parts in TV shows and theatre productions including leading roles in Alice in Wonderland (directed by Ruth Harrell) and Sweeney Todd (directed by Tom Bailey).
She first appeared onscreen in August. Crace said of joining the soap: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders, it's a great first role and I can't wait to see what is in store for Danielle."
Executive Producer Diederick Santer added: "Lauren is a real find - a lovely, talented, and hugely watchable actress. I'm delighted she's making her professional debut with us, at the start of what I'm sure will be a glittering and accomplished career."
Shortly after joining the soap, her character Danielle was revealed to be Ronnie Mitchell's long-lost daughter, unbeknownst to Ronnie herself.
Prior to the episode's broadcast, Crace told GMTV that she wanted to return to her roots of theatre and move away from the character of Danielle. The viewing figures for her last episode peaked at 11.5 million, due to this there was a surge in the national power grid.
Fans of the show and the character signed an online petition which so far totals over 15,000 that labeled the character's death a "huge mistake". There is also a Facebook group "Bring Back Danielle from EastEnders", which has attracted over 67,000 fans so far. But according to The Daily Mirror, soap bosses have ruled this out.
Crace won the award for best newcomer for her role in Eastenders at the TV Quick and TV Choice awards on 7 September.
Crace has a son born in 2012.
- 2008-2009 EastEnders as Danielle Jones (76 episodes)
- 2010 Sherlock as Lucy (1 episode; "The Great Game")
- 2011 Room at the Top as Joan
- 2011 Silk in a minor role ( Episode 5)
- 2011 Holby City as Rose Stanley (2 episodes; "A Greater Good")
- 2012 Shameless as Beccy (1 episode)
- 2013-2014 Mr. Selfridge as Doris Miller
- Theatre credits
- 2010 Les Liaisons Dangereuses at the Salisbury Playhouse as Cecile Volanges
- 2011 And I And Silence at the Finborough Theatre as Young Dee
- birminghampost.net - "It’s a long way to Walford"
- "Fair in Square", '@The Sun. URL last accessed 2008-07-19.
- Ender Danielle in death drama
- "'Enders causes national power surge"
- 'dailymail.co.uk' - "Thousands complain to BBC bosses after Danielle is killed off in EastEnders"
- Laws, Roz (14 February 2010). "Albert Square invaded!". Sunday Mercury (Birmingham Post & Mail): p 26.