|Born||Lauren Susan Green
June 30, 1958 
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
|Education||University of Minnesota
(Fox News Channel)
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Biography on FoxNews.com|
Lauren Susan Green (born June 30, 1958) is the Chief Religion Correspondent for the Fox News Channel. Previous to holding this position she was a headline anchor giving weekday updates at the top and bottom of the hour during morning television show Fox & Friends. She has also appeared as a guest panelist on Fox's late-night satire show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld.
Early life and education
Green was born to Robert and Bessie Grissam Green in Minneapolis. She has two sisters named Barbara and Lois and two brothers named Leslie and Kenneth. She won the Miss Minnesota pageant in 1984, and was third runner-up in the Miss America 1985 pageant.
Interview with Reza Aslan
After a 2013 interview with Iranian-American scholar Reza Aslan, Green received criticism from Daniel Politi of Slate for her line of questions. Aslan was promoting his new scholarly book, Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, on television. Green's questioned the idea of a Muslim writing on the historical figure of Jesus Christ and implied that Aslan had an inherent bias as a Muslim. Aslan defended his credentials, including a doctorate in the subject matter, and argued that his interest was scholarly. Further defense of Green came from those who discredited Aslan's claim of a degree in the history of religions, as he teaches creative writing and holds a PhD in Sociology of Religion rather than a degree in history.
In January 2014 Green performed in the 90th birthday concert for Monsignor Georg Ratzinger, the brother of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, who was also in attendance. She described this in an opinion piece written for Fox News as "the honor of a lifetime."
- "Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002". Ancestry.com. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Murphy, Dan. "Can Muslims write about Christianity?". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Opinion - Commentary from Lauren Green". Fox News. April 22, 2011.
- Lauren Green bio, FOX News Network, accessed November 8, 2013.
- Distinguished Visitor Series: Lauren Green, The King's College (New York), October 27, 2009, accessed July 28, 2013.
- Politi, D. (July 28, 2013). "Fox News to Scholar: Why Would a Muslim Write a Book About Jesus?". Slate. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Graham, David A. (July 29, 2013). "Is Muslim Academic Reza Aslan More Biased Than a Christian Scholar?". Atlantic. Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- David Freedlander (2013-07-30). "Lauren Green, the Woman Behind Fox News’ Reza Aslan Interview Debacle". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- Lauren Green (2014-01-17). "Honor of a lifetime -- performing at the Vatican for Pope Benedict, his brother". Fox News. Retrieved 2014-01-19.