Lauren Marcus is an American stage actress. She defined the leading roles of Patty Jenkins, the "frightfully nosey" cheerleader in Joe Iconis' musical, The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks, and Hope Horrishall in Rich Espey's drama Hope's Arbor. From November 2008 through January 2009, she starred as Jenny Vecharelli in the off-Broadway musical Rewrite.
Gawker identified Marcus as the character "Janine" on the "Craig and Janine" video series. The video series was subsequently transformed into a live show at the Laurie Beechman Theatre, Craig Stevens Guide to Making it On Broadway, in which Marcus starred alongside Tyler Maynard.
Marcus starred in the Astoria Performing Arts Center's production of Lillian Hellman's The Children's Hour in 2009, playing Mary Tillford. Drama critic David Sheward, writing in Backstage, described Marcus in that role as "a devilish dynamo" and "utterly convincing."
- Scheck, Frank. 'Dirty Socks' Is Good Clean Fun. New York Post. July 26, 2008
- Rewrite: The Art of Making Art, Broadway World, December 22, 2008
- Photo Flash: Craig Stevens Guide To Making It On Broadway, Broadway World, March 27, 2009.
- Announcement in The New York Times
- Sheward, David. The Children's Hour. Backstage, May 23, 2009