||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
June 25, 1991 |
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||143 lb (65 kg)|
|Club||Greenville Swim Club (NC)
University of Virginia Aquatics
|College team||University of Virginia|
Lauren Perdue (born June 25, 1991) is an American college and international swimmer who specializes in freestyle events. She was a member of the 2012 United States Olympic team, and earned a gold medal as a member of the winning U.S. team in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Perdue was born in Charlottesville, Virginia, and attended J. H. Rose High School in Greenville, North Carolina. She swam for the Greenville Swim Club under head coach Casey Charles from 1999 to 2009. At the 2009 USA Swimming Long Course Junior National Championships, Perdue won her first championship in the 200-meter freestyle (1:59.09).
Perdue attended the University of Virginia, and swam for the Virginia Cavaliers swimming and diving team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition from 2009 to 2012. As a Cavalier swimmer, she won seventeen Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) championships, received eight All-American honors, and was named the ACC Swimmer of the Year and ACC Swimmer of the Championships in both 2010 and 2011. She qualified for the 2012 NCAA national championships, but did not compete after undergoing back surgery.
At the 2012 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. qualifying event for the Olympics, Perdue finished fourth place in the 200-meter freestyle, and earned a spot on the U.S. relay team in the 4x200-meter freestyle event as a result. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the preliminary heats of the 4x200-meter freestyle relay.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of University of Virginia people
- Virginia Cavaliers
- VirginiaSports.com, Women's Swimming & Diving, 2011–12 Roster, Lauren Perdue. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Scott Fowler, "Unlikely Olympian Lauren Perdue battles back to make U.S. swim team," Charlotte Observer (June 30, 2012). Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Lauren Perdue – National Team swimmer profile at USASwimming.org
- Lauren Perdue – University of Virginia athlete profile at VirginiaSports.com