Lauren Phoenix at the 21st annual XRCO Awards Show on June 3, 2005
May 13, 1979 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Other names||Loren Phoenix, Lauren Phoniex, Phoenix, Lauren|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|No. of adult films||455 as performer, 3 as director (per IAFD)|
Phoenix was born and raised in Toronto to a British mother and Italian father. She studied music at the University of Western Ontario and started exotic dancing at age 20; working in various cities throughout Southern Ontario, such as Windsor, to reduce the chance of being recognized by someone who knew her personally. She has also spent time dancing in England and Las Vegas.
Phoenix started toying with the idea of becoming more involved in the industry during her dancing days because she saw lucrative opportunities in creating her own websites, and producing and distributing her own adult materials. She saw California as a place with a favorable climate for her plans and moved there. Shortly after her arrival, she got in contact with World Modeling, an agency for nude and pornographic models and actors, where she was reputedly photographed by Ed Powers on the same day. Phoenix describes her motivation as, "I needed money. He was offering."
She officially retired from performing in adult films on June 6, 2006.
Awards and nominations
|2004||Adam Film World Guide Award||Won||Best New Starlet||N/A|
|AVN Award||Nominated||Best New Starlet||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene – Video (with Mark Davis)||Grand Theft Anal 2|
|XRCO Award||Won||New Starlet||N/A|
|2005||AVN Award||Won||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Tease Performance||I'm Your Slut 2|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene (with Lee Stone)||A.N.A.L. 3|
|Nominated||Best Couples Sex Scene – Video (with Manuel Ferrara)||I'm Your Slut 2|
|Nominated||Best Couples Sex Scene – Video (with Mick Blue)||Sodomania 41|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Missy Monroe, Ben English & Mr. Pete)||Double Teamed 2|
|Nominated||Best Threeway Sex Scene – Video (with Katrina Kraven & Tony T.)||Big Wet Asses 4|
|Nominated||Best Threeway Sex Scene – Video (with Cytherea & Randy Spears)||Buttwoman Iz Lauren Phoenix|
|XRCO Award||Won||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||3-Way (with Katrina Kraven & Tony T.)||Big Wet Asses 4|
|2006||AEBN VOD Award||Won||Performer of the Year||N/A|
|AVN Award||Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Supporting Actress – Video||The Edge Runner|
|Nominated||Best Tease Performance||Lauren Phoenix’s Fuck Me|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Kimberly Kane, Katrina Kraven, Kylie Ireland, Julie Night)||Epiphany|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene – Video (with Anthony Hardwood)||Flesh Fest 3|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Dave Hardman, Scott Lyons, Richard Raymond, Trevor Slide, Jeremy Steele & Trent Tesoro)||Clusterfuck 3|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene – Video (with Melissa Lauren, Erik Everhard & John Strong)||Semen Sippers 3|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Anal Showdown|
- Lauren Phoenix page at iafd.com
- Mike Ramone. "Lauren Phoenix: One Raging Whore". AVN Insider. Archived from the original on 2004-03-26. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Porn Stars In My Underwear", by Mark Morford, San Francisco Chronicle, 24 June 2005. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- Luke Ford. "Interviews". lukeisback.com. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Defiance Scores Lauren Phoenix With Exclusive Deal". AVN. 2005-08-01. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-01-18). "Phoenix Now a Free Agent". AVN. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- Acme Andersson (2004-06-07). "Adam Film World 2003 Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "AVN 2004 Nominations". Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "Jules Jordan, Evil Angel, Elegant Angel, Wicked Pictures Capture XRCO Awards". AVN. 2004-08-19. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. 2005-01-08. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "AVN Award nominations of 2005". November 14, 2004. Archived from the original on November 14, 2004. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2005-06-05). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Dirty Bob (2005-04-07). "XRCO Announces Nominations". AVN. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Michael Hayes (2006-05-25). "AEBN Announces Winners for 2nd Annual VOD Awards". XBIZ. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "AVN AWARDS 2006 NOMINEES". Retrieved 2013-06-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lauren Phoenix.|