|Born||Laurence Carl Rickard
14 June 1975
|Other names||Larry Rickard|
Laurence Carl "Larry" Rickard (born 14 June 1975) is a British actor and writer, active both solo and as one half of the comedy writing/performance duo "Larry and George" with George Sawyer.
Rickard has written for numerous UK comedy shows, notably including The Armstrong and Miller Show, The Charlotte Church Show and The Impressions Show with Culshaw and Stephenson, as well as children's programme Me and My Monsters.
He is perhaps best known for his role as a principal cast member, lyricist and writer for the award-winning CBBC programme Horrible Histories, in particular for creating and performing the character of 'Special Correspondent' Bob Hale (a parody of presenter Peter Snow). He has also appeared regularly on the spin-off game show Horrible Histories: Gory Games and in the Horrible Histories BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall.
Along with the five other members of the Horrible Histories starring cast, Rickard is also the co-creator, -writer and -star of Yonderland, an eight-part family fantasy comedy series that premiered on SkyOne on November 10 2013. A second series has been commissioned and will commence filming in Autumn 2014. In addition he is the co-writer of Bill, an upcoming BBC-produced comedy film which is based loosely around the early life of William Shakespeare and will involve the same starring troupe. Filming began in February 2014, and the film is due for release in early 2015.
- England and Wales Birth Index 1916–2005
- "Lion Television . Horrible Histories".
- "Lion Television . HH: Gory Games".
- "Laurence Rickard".
- "Sky1 to visit Yonderland". Sky1 website. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Stars of Horrible Histories to make Shakespeare film". BBC Media Centre. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Bill: production details". British Comedy Guide. comedy.co.uk. Retrieved 12 February 2014.