Laurens ten Dam
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2012)|
Ten Dam at the 2011 Tour de France
|Full name||Laurens ten Dam|
13 November 1980 |
Bedum, the Netherlands
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb; 10.6 st)|
|Current team||Belkin Pro Cycling|
|Infobox last updated on
1 January 2014
A native of the village of Zuidwolde in Groningen, Ten Dam has been racing since 2002. A decent climber, Ten Dam was able to finish in the top ten in many races including the Volta a Catalunya in 2007, The Tour Down Under, the Tour of California, and the Tour de Suisse in 2011. He also won the Mountains Classification in the Tour of Romandie in 2009.
In 2012, Ten Dam finished 8th in the Vuelta a Espana, his best grand tour finish to date.
In 2013 Tour de France, Ten Dam had an excellent first two weeks of the Tour, sitting 5th overall after the end of the second week with his teammate, Bauke Mollema 2nd overall. However in the last week, Ten Dam struggled to stay with the GC Contenders making him slip out of the top ten, finishing 13th overall.
- 1st, Mountains Classification Ster Elektrotour
- 2nd, Stage Course de la Solidarité Olympique (ITT)
- 8th Overall, Deutschland Tour
- 9th Overall, Volta a Catalunya
- 1st, Stage 1 Critérium International
- 1st, Mountains classification Tour de Romandie
- 5th Overall, Tour Down Under
- 6th Overall, Tour of California
- 8th Overall, Tour de Suisse
- 8th Overall, Vuelta a España
- 3rd Overall, Tour du Haut Var
- 8th Overall, Glava Tour of Norway
Grand Tour General Classification Results Timeline
- "Laurens ten Dam profile". Unknown parameter
- "Former Rabobank (RAB) – NED". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laurens ten Dam.|