May 13, 1938 |
Laurier Station, Quebec
|Known for||Chairman of the Board of Bombardier Inc.|
|Awards||Order of Canada
National Order of Quebec
Born in Laurier Station, Quebec, the son-in-law of Joseph Armand Bombardier, Beaudoin joined Bombardier Limited in 1963. He became Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bombardier Inc. in 1979. Under his leadership, the company grew from a snowmobile manufacturer to the world's largest manufacturer of rail transportation equipment and to the world's third largest civil aircraft maker.
In 1973, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada and was promoted to Companion in 1988. In 1990, he was made an Officer of the National Order of Quebec. Beaudoin was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG) in the 2014 New Year Honours for services to British industry, particularly in Northern Ireland.
In June 2000, Beaudoin was named a member of the Advisory Board of Lazard Canada, and has served as Chairman of the Board of Bombardier Recreational Products since December 2003.
- 1973 - Officer of the Order of Canada
- 1989 - Fellow of the Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec
- 1989 - Companion of the Order of Canada
- 1990 - Officer of the National Order of Quebec
- 2000 - Great Quebecers of the century (Grand Québécois du siècle) from the Académie des Grands Québécois
- 2001 - Yves Landry Foundation award
- October 3, 2008 - « International Michael Smurfit Business Achievement Award », awarded by The Ireland Chamber, United States, (awarded at the 20th Annual American Celtic Ball)
- November 3, 2008 - Recipient of the first « Best Global Business Award » awarded by the Canada China Business Council, Beijing
- February 26, 2009 - « Grosse silberne ehrenzeichen mit dem stern », distinction awarded in Vienna by the President of the Republic of Austria
- December 31, 2013 - Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of St Michael and St George
- Elected member of the Canadian Business Hall of Fame
- Great Montrealers (Grands Montréalais)
- He has received six honorary doctorates.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2013.
- Laurent Beaudoin at The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Office of the Governor General of Canada. Order of Canada citation. Queen's Printer for Canada. Retrieved 24 May 2010
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|