May 13, 1938 |
Laurier Station, Quebec
|Known for||Chairman of the Board of Bombardier Inc.|
|Awards||Order of Canada
National Order of Quebec
Born in Laurier Station, Quebec, the son-in-law of Joseph Armand Bombardier, Beaudoin joined Bombardier Limited in 1963. He became Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bombardier Inc. in 1979. Under his leadership, the company grew from a snowmobile manufacturer to the world's largest manufacturer of rail transportation equipment and to the world's third largest civil aircraft maker.
In June 2000, Mr. Beaudoin was named a member of the Advisory Board of Lazard Canada, and has served as Chairman of the Board of Bombardier Recreational Products since December 2003.
- 1973 - Knight of the Order of Canada
- 1989 - Fellow of the Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec
- 1989 - Companion of the Order of Canada
- 1990 - Officer of the National Order of Quebec
- 2000 - Great Quebecers of the century (Grand Québécois du siècle) from the Académie des Grands Québécois
- 2001 - Yves Landry Foundation award
- October 3, 2008 - « International Michael Smurfit Business Achievement Award », awarded by The Ireland Chamber, United States, (awarded at the 20th Annual American Celtic Ball)
- November 3, 2008 - Recipient of the first « Best Global Business Award » awarded by the Canada China Business Council, Beijing
- February 26, 2009 - « Grosse silberne ehrenzeichen mit dem stern », distinction awarded in Vienna by the President of the Republic of Austria
- Elected member of the Canadian Business Hall of Fame
- Great Montrealers (Grands Montréalais)
- He has received six honorary doctorates.
- Laurent Beaudoin at The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Office of the Governor General of Canada. Order of Canada citation. Queen's Printer for Canada. Retrieved 24 May 2010
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|