|Full name||Lawrence Gilfedder|
|Born||April→June 1935 (age 78–79)
Warrington district, Lancashire, England
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
|Weight||15 st 0 lb (95.3 kg; 210.0 lb)|
|Position||Centre, Second-row, Loose forward/Lock|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Lawrence "Laurie" 'Gilly' Gilfedder (birth registered April→June 1935 (age 78–79) in Warrington district, Lancashire) is an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1950s and '60s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and Lancashire, and at club level for Warrington, Wigan, and Leigh, as a Centre, Second-row, or Loose forward/Lock, i.e. number 3 or 4, 11 or 12, or 13, during the era of contested scrums.
Challenge Cup final appearances
Laurie Gilfedder played Loose forward/Lock scored a try and three goals, including a penalty from the halfway line after one-minute ten-seconds, in Wigan's 20-16 victory over Hunslet in the 1964-65 Challenge Cup final at Wembley Stadium on 8 May 1965.
County Cup final appearances
Laurie Gilfedder played right-Second-row, i.e. number 12, scored a try and two goals in Wigan's 16-13 victory over Oldham in the 1966-67 Lancashie Cup final at Station Road, Swinton, on 29 October 1966.
Laurie Gilfedder made his début for Warrington on 1 December 1951 aged 16 years and 199 days, during his time at Warrington they won the 1953-54, and 1954-55 Rugby Football League Championship, the 1953-54 Challenge Cup (in which he did not play), the 1953-54, 1954-55, and 1955-56 Lancashire League, and the 1959-60 Lancashire Cup, he was transferred to Wigan in August 1963 for a club record fee of £9,500 (based on increases in average earnings, this would be approximately £329,000 in 2009), following the rule change to allow of substitutions, along with Chris Hesketh he jointly became Wigan's first substitute on 14 November 1964.
Honoured at Warrington Wolves
Laurie Gilfedder is a Warrington Hall of Fame inductee.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. p. 160. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Video 1965 Challenge Cup Final - Laurie Gilfedder Penalty Goal". youtube.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1966-1967 Lancashire Cup Final at wigan.rlfans.com". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Measuring Worth - Relative Value of UK Pounds". Measuring Worth. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Hall of Fame at Wire2Wolves.com". Wire2Wolves.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Hall of Fame at Wire2Wolves.com
- Statistics at wigan.rlfans.com
- Video "1965 Challenge Cup Final - Laurie Gilfedder Penalty Goal" on YouTube