|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Lavasan ( Persian: لواسان Lavāsān ) is a city in Shemiranat County, Tehran Province, Iran. At the 2011 census, its population was 28,558, in 7,645 families. Lavasan is the capital of Lavasanat District. The Lavasanat District has one city and two rural districts. The Jajrood River flows through Lavasan. It is home to many upper-class and wealthy families. Some Iranians call it the Beverly Hills or Switzerland of Tehran. Majority of the residence are from upper class back ground and the area is considered as one of the affluent neighbourhoods in tehran.
Lavasan has an area of 70 square kilometres.
The name of Lavasan is a Middle Persian (Pahlavi) word which means "The Mount Blade of Sunrise" or "Mountaintop of Sunrise". It refers to Mount Damavand that is located in the middle Alborz Range in the east of Lavasanat District.
Residences range from relatively modest ranch-style houses, to large mansions. In general, the higher up the mountain, the smaller the building lots, and more modest the houses.
- All Lavasanipour Family
- Seyed Hamed Miri Lavasani
- All Miri Lavasani Family
- Ali Parvin
- Yasser Hashemi Rafsanjani
- Naser Houshmand Vaziri
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.
- Lavasan can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "217990" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- lavasani genealogical tree presented in Ayatollah Sadeghi in Qum.
|This Shemiranat County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|