Law enforcement in Madagascar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
The Law enforcement agencies of Madagascar include:
- The Gendarmerie Nationale (Malagasy: Zandarimariam-pirenena), the national police force of Madagascar, with 8100 staff (in 2006) operating under the Ministry of Defense.,
- It is supplemented by a Presidential Security Regiment 
- There is a 3,000-member Civil Police force under the Ministry of Interior, with a role in policing the cities.
- A General Directorate of Information and Documentation Internal and External (Direction Générale de l'Information et de la Documentation, Intérieure et Exterieure—DGIDIE), a secret political police, was established under the Presidency of Ratsiraka 
- World Police Encyclopedia, ed. by Dilip K. Das & Michael Palmiotto published by Taylor & Francis. 2004,
- World Encyclopedia of Police Forces and Correctional Systems,second edition, Gale., 2006
- Sullivan, Larry E. Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2005.
|This Madagascar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|