Lawrence (given name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Lawrence Oates (1880–1912), member of the ill fated Scott expedition to the South Pole.
- Sir Lawrence Wackett (1896–1982), the father of the Australian aircraft industry.
- Saint Lawrence of Rome (died 258), Deacon and Roman Catholic saint, born in Spain.
- Lawrence I, bishop of Milan from 490 to c. 511, saint
- Brother Lawrence de la Résurrection (died 1691), a Carmelite monk.
- Lawrence S. Bacow, former president of Tufts University
- Lawrence M. Krauss, professor of physics and director of the Origins Initiative at Arizona State University.
- Lawrence Chimezie Akandu (born 1974), a Nigerian-born Hong Kong football player
- Lawrence Peckham (born 1944), Australian high jumper
- Lawrence Sampleton (born 1959), former American football player
- Lawrence Taylor (born 1959), nicknamed LT, former Hall of Fame American football player who played for the New York Giants
- Lawrence Virgil (born 1990), American football player
- Edward Lawrence Levy (1851–1932), English world champion weightlifter
- Lawrence Dallaglio (born 1972), former English rugby union player
- Lawrence Joel (1928–1984), American war hero
Television, film and stage
- Lawrence Gray (1898–1970), American actor
- Lawrence Ng, Hong Kong actor
- Lawrence Raghavendra, a South Indian film actor
- Lawrence Hayward (known artistically as just "Lawrence"), singer with Felt, Denim and Go Kart Mozart
- Lawrence Welk, band leader, accordion player, and television host
- Lawrence Bossidy, former chairman of Honeywell, former CEO and chairman of AlliedSignal, current chairman of Merck & Co.
- Lawrence Hunt, internet entrepreneur and CEO of Silverjet
- Lawrence E. Page (born 1973), co-founder of Google Inc.
- Lawrence Saint (1885–1961), an American stained glass artist
- Lawrence Brownlee (born 1972), American opera singer
- Lawrence Hargrave (1850-1915), Australian inventor, explorer, astronomer, engineer and aeronautical pioneer
- Lawrence T. Fuglaar (1895-1972), member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from Rapides Parish from 1948 to 1952
- Lawrence Gonzi, Maltese politician and former Prime Minister (2004-2013)
- Lawrence M. Rulison (1917–1966), New York politician
- All pages beginning with "Lawrence"
- Larry (disambiguation)
- Lawrence (surname)
- Lawrence (disambiguation)
- Hanks, P; Hardcastle, K; Hodges, F (2006) . A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 165. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
- Hanks, P; Hardcastle, K; Hodges, F (2006) . A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 164. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|