Life and Career
Lawrence Blair is the writer, presenter and co-producer of the internationally acclaimed TV series Ring of Fire, an Emmy award nominee and winner of the 1989 National Educational Film and Video Festival Silver Apple awards.
Lawrence Blair emigrated from England to Mexico with his parents and his brother Lorne in his early years. He has been a diver in Mexico and Indonesia, a fisherman in Alaska, an actor, a model, a photographer and an interpreter. He earned his Ph.D. at Lancaster University, England with a doctoral thesis exploring and defining the field of Psycho-anthropology.
He wrote the book Rhythms of Vision: The Changing Patterns of Belief in 1976 in which he discussed sacred geometry, subtle energy, chakras, spiritual planes of existence and many other topics, the book has been compared to the work of the occultist Corinne Heline and the theosophist Alice Bailey. The book is most well known for first discussing the Hundredth monkey effect. Lyall Watson was a friend of Blair's and wrote a foreword for the book.
He wrote, co-produced and starred in the five film series documentary called Ring of Fire: An Indonesian Odyssey which highlights a 10 year exploration of Indonesian Islands, an adventure of Lawrence and his brother Lorne. The series was later developed into a book of the same name.
Blair's latest production was Myth, Magic and Monsters a four-Part documentary series, in which Blair explores the globe for rare and mysterious creatures which include reptiles, ocean dwellers and domesticated animals. According to Blair: “There are still undiscovered species and tribes of people out there.”
In 2009, Blair appeared as a speaker in a documentary film called Oh My God in which many people around the world were asked the question - "What is God?", Blair explained in his part of the documentary that God is not a belief and that "Thought is the enemy of the awareness of the presence of god." See (nonduality).
- Rhythms of Vision: The Changing Patterns of Belief (1976) ISBN 978-0-8052-3610-1
- Ring of Fire: An Indonesia Odyssey (2010) ISBN 981-4260-10-X
- Ring of Fire: An Indonesian Odyssey (series of five documentary films)
- Ring of Fire (1991 documentary film)
- Myth Magic and Monsters (Four-Part documentary film series)
- Oh My God (2009 documentary film)
- Profile for Lawrence Blair
- Lawrence Blair, Rhythms of Vision: The Changing Patterns of Belief. London: Croom Helm Ltd., ISBN 978-0-8052-3610-1.
- Chickering, Melinda (July 16 2010). "LAWRENCE BLAIR: Witness to Change". Sanur, Bali: The Jakarta Post. Retrieved December 09, 2012.
- Indonesian Odyssey
- Myth, Magic and Monsters
- Article, November, 2009