Taylor & Francis
|Founder||William Francis & Richard Taylor|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Publication types||Books and peer-reviewed journals|
|Nonfiction topics||Medicine, science, social science, mathematics, law, engineering & more|
Taylor & Francis Group is an international company originating in the United Kingdom that publishes books and academic journals. It is a division of Informa plc, a United Kingdom-based publisher and conference company.
The company was founded in 1852 when William Francis joined Richard Taylor in his publishing business. Taylor initially founded his company in 1798. Their subjects covered include agriculture, chemistry, education, engineering, geography, law, mathematics, medicine, and social sciences.cALIFORNIA
Taylor & Francis merged with Informa in 2004 to create a new company called T&F Informa, since renamed back to Informa. Taylor & Francis Group is now the academic publishing arm of Informa.
Taylor & Francis publishes more than 1,000 journals, and over 1,800 new books each year, with a backlist of over 20,000 titles. The group has at least nine offices, in the United Kingdom, New York, Boca Raton, Philadelphia, Singapore, Sydney, and India. The journals and e-books have been delivered through the Taylor & Francis Online website since June 2011. Prior to that they were provided through the Informaworld website.
The old Taylor and Francis logo depicts a hand pouring oil into a lit lamp, along with the Latin phrase "alere flammam" (to feed the flame). The modern logo is a stylised oil lamp in a circle.
In 2013, the entire board of the Journal of Library Administration resigned in a dispute over author licensing agreements. 
Acquired companies 
- BIOS Scientific Publishers
- CRC Press
- David Fulton Press
- Europa Publications (acquired in 1999)
- Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers (acquired in 2002)
- Focal Press
- Frank Cass
- Gordon & Breach
- Heldref Publications (except World Affairs) (acquired in 2009)
- Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (acquired in 2006)
- Marcel Dekker
- Martin Dunitz
- Parthenon Publishing
- Psychology Press
- RFF Press
- Routledge (acquired in 1998)
- Spon Press
- Swets and Zeitlinger Publishers
- Taylor Graham Journals
- Haworth Press
- Garland Science
- AK Peters
Discontinued imprints 
- Adam Hilger (acquired in 2005 as part of IOP Publishing books division)
See also 
- About Us, Taylor & Francis, UK.
- "Taylor & Francis Online – FAQs". Taylor & Francis Group. 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- Dupuis, John. "Journal of Library Administration editorial board resigns over author rights". ScienceBlogs. ScienceBlogs LLC. Retrieved 03/25/2013.
Further reading 
- Munroe, Mary H. (2007). "Taylor & Francis (Informa Group plc)". The Academic Publishing Industry: A Story of Merger and Acquisition. Northern Illinois University Libraries. Retrieved 2008-06-20.