Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure
|Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure|
|Directed by||Craig Melville, Nathan Earl|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Martin Robertson and Julian Morrow (for Chaser Broadcasting)
Megan Harding (for ABC TV)
|Producer(s)||Andy Nehl, Nathan Earl, Craig Melville|
|Running time||26 minutes|
|Original run||25 March 2009 – 29 April 2009|
Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure is a six-part Australian television comedy series, starring and primarily written by Melbourne comedian Lawrence Leung and produced by Chaser Broadcasting. The series was filmed over nine weeks from May 2008 in Sydney, Melbourne and Los Angeles, it depicts Leung setting out to achieve the dreams he had as a ten-year-old boy living in the 1980s. It premiered at 9:30 pm on 25 March 2009 on ABC1.
Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure is described as "an imaginative documentary/comedy/adventure series where the innocence of childhood ambition clashes with the realities of adulthood, resulting in unexpected consequences that are hair-raising, heart-warming and hilarious. It's about finding out who we are, how we've changed and what we can be."
In each episode Leung attempts to revisit aspects and ambitions of his childhood life. In the first episode, Lawrence sets out to find and impress his childhood sweetheart Angela, whom he has not seen since leaving the primary school she attended. Other ambitions include Lawrence finding out how to be a rock star, how to be a man, how to be cool, how to be the best in the world and how to be himself. In each episode, he meets with an expert in each field and seeks their advice, as well as that of his parents Doris and Leo. Guest stars Lawrence meets during the course of the series include Tiffany, Ian Dickson, Margaret Pomeranz, David Stratton, Kerry O'Brien, Tim Rogers and Shabba Doo.
The show's website also features additional content in the form of games, clips, competitions, wallpaper and expert tips and tricks. After each broadcast viewers will also be able to watch previously aired episodes. The episodes are only viewable for residents of Australia.
On 7 May 2009, the 2-disc complete series DVD of Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure was released. Extras include deleted scenes, music videos and a 57min tutorial taught by Lawrence Leung entitled "How To Solve The Rubik's Cube".
|Series 1 (2009)|
|1||"Find Love"||25 March 2009||Wednesday 9:30 pm – 10:00 pm||674,000 (23rd)|
|2||"Be a Rock Star"||1 April 2009||490,000 (27th)|
|3||"Be a Man"||8 April 2009||551,000 (28th)|
|4||"Be the Best in the World"||15 April 2009||700,000 (25th)|
|5||"Be Cool"||22 April 2009||602,000 (29th)|
|6||"Be Myself"||29 April 2009||666,000 (28th)|
|Average series ratings||613,833|
- Overall national viewers, numbers in brackets indicate nightly ratings position.
- Knox, David (6 February 2008). "John Wood makes The Cut with ABC1". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 7 February 2008.
- "Doco, dramas and comedy head ABC's new programs". The Age (Australia). 7 February 2008.
- TV Tonight: Lawrence Leung’s Choose Your Own Adventure
- PRESS RELEASE: Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure Starts Filming, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 21 May 2008.
- Knox, David (23 March 2009). "Week 13". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Knox, David (30 March 2009). "Week 14". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Knox, David (6 April 2009). "Week 15". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Knox, David (13 April 2009). "Week 16". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- Knox, David (20 April 2009). "Week 17". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 27 April 2009.
- Knox, David (27 April 2009). "Week 18". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 30 April 2009.