|Born||1941 (age 72–73)
|Awards||Sir Zelman Cowen Award for Public Architecture
Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
Grand Architectural Creation Award
Australian Institute of Architects Gold Medal
|Practice||Studio Nield, Sydney|
|Buildings||Sunshine Coast University Library
Beijing Olympic Tennis Centre
Professor Lawrence Nield is a retired Australian architect, who since 2012 has been head of the Heritage Council of New South Wales. He is also known for his writings on urban design. He was head of master planning for the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. He was one of the founders of BVN Architecture (formerly Bligh Voller Nield). In March 2013 Nield was appointed the Northern Territory Government Architect.
He won the Australian Institute of Architects 2012 Gold Medal for Outstanding Achievement, and the French Republic's Order of Arts and Letters in 2007, and the 1997 Sir Zelman Cowen Award for Public Architecture, which he won with his design of the Sunshine Coast University Library.
Nield's designs include:
- Ultimo Community Centre, Sydney, NSW
- UNSW L5 Building, Sydney, (2005) – 2007 RIBA International Award
- Sunshine Coast University Library, Maroochydore, Queensland (1997) – 1998 RAIA Sir Zelman Cowen Award for Public Building
- National Science and Technology Centre, Canberra, ACT
- St Vincent's Hospital
- The King's School gymnasium
- 10 Mort Street, Canberra, ACT
- David Maddison Clinical Sciences Building, Newcastle, NSW
- Cook and Phillip Aquatic Centre, Sydney, NSW
- Olympic Green Tennis Center, Beijing
- Sydney International Tennis Centre, (1998) – 1999 RAIA NSW Sulman Award
- Overseas Passenger Terminal, Sydney, (1988) – 1988 RAIA National Civic Design Award
- Caroline Chisholm High School, ACT, (1986)
- Mount Druitt Hospital, (1982) – 1983 RAIA NSW Chapter Merit Award Architectural Works
- David Maddison Building – Clinical Sciences Building, University of Newcastle, (1981) – 1982 RAIA NSW Chapter Merit Award
- Power, Julie (2012-06-06). "Heritage leader sees the value of change". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax). p. 5. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- Dixon, Andrea (2012-03-22). "Lawrence Nield and Lucy Turnbull honoured at Australian Institute of Architects awards". Property Observer. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- "Nield appointed NT Government Architect". architectureau. Architecture Media. 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Architecture of Lawrence Nield". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- Nield, Lawrence. "Four techniques: Lawrence Nield". architectureau. Architecture Media. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
|Northern Territory Government Architect