Lawrence Township, Stark County, Ohio
|Lawrence Township, Ohio|
|• Total||34.9 sq mi (90.4 km2)|
|• Land||34.6 sq mi (89.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,007 ft (307 m)|
|• Density||386.9/sq mi (149.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086978|
Lawrence Township is one of the seventeen townships of Stark County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 13,382 people in the township, 8,321 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities:
- New Franklin - north
- Green - northeast corner
- Jackson Township - east
- Perry Township - southeast corner
- Tuscarawas Township - south
- Baughman Township, Wayne County - west
- Chippewa Township, Wayne County - northwest, west of Clinton
- Clinton - northwest, east of Chippewa Township
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Stark County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.