Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport
|Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport|
|IATA: LAW – ICAO: KLAW – FAA LID: LAW|
|Owner||City of Lawton|
|Elevation AMSL||1,110 ft / 338 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport (IATA: LAW, ICAO: KLAW, FAA LID: LAW) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) south of the central business district of Lawton, a city in Comanche County, Oklahoma, United States. It is mostly used for military aviation from nearby Fort Sill and Sheppard Air Force Base, but is also served by American Eagle. Allegiant Air also runs occasional charters to various destinations throughout the western United States.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport. As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 77,533 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 71,389 enplanements in 2009, and 68,054 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport covers an area of 1,300 acres (526 ha) at an elevation of 1,110 feet (338 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 17/35 with a concrete surface measuring 8,599 by 150 feet (2,621 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 30, 2012, the airport had 33,983 aircraft operations, an average of 93 per day: 73% military, 18% general aviation, 8% air taxi, and 1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 46 aircraft based at this airport: 93.5% single-engine and 6.5% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|American Eagle||Dallas/Fort Worth|
Local and transient general aviation
- FAA Airport Master Record for LAW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LAW: Lawton Municipal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "FAA Contract Tower Closure List". American Association of Airport Executives. March 22, 2013.
- "FAA: 149 control towers to close at small airports". USA Today. March 22, 2013.
- Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport
- Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport (LAW) at Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
- Aerial image as of February 1995 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective November 14, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LAW, effective November 14, 2013
- Resources for this airport: