Laxmi bai Nagar is a residential government colony in New Delhi, India. Laxmi bai, meaning city of "Rani Lakshmi bai", is named for the renowned freedom fighter queen of Jhansi province of Uttar Pradesh state of India. She fought for the independence of her state, Jhansi from the British Raj, in 1857 and laid her life patriotically.
The flats in the Laxmi bai Nagar particularly officers flats are ideally located. It is the cleanest colonies of South Delhi. There are three Barat Ghar which are having provision for hosting big fat marriages easily.
The colony has its beautiful lake park named after Sanjay Gandhi as Sanjay Park - Lake. The Park has a very good lake along with a jogging track. Swans and ducks can be seen roaming in the park as well as swimming in the lake. There is a Swimming Pool inside the Park where a lot of children learn swimming. One can learn yoga as well in the morning for free in the park itself.
Laxmi bai nagar is one of well known locality and known for the fact that is centrally located and one can easily reach out to many place such as :
- Sanjay Gandhi Park
- Sarojini nagar market
- Delhi haat
- INA market
- Laxmi bai nagar Park and Market(choti Market & chota park)
- Lodi Gardens(near about 2KM)
- Meher Chand Market(near about 2.4KM)
- Sai Baba Temple(near about 2.4KM)
- Habitat World Convention Centre(near about 2.4KM)
- Rang De Basanti Dhaba...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
- Amar Jyoti...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
- Haldiram's...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
- MCDonald's...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
- Khatta Metha...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
- Domino's pizza...(In Sarojini Nagar within the range of 1KM)
There are many schools in laxmi bai nagar such as:
- Senior Navyug School
- N P Co-Ed Secondary School
It is in the south of Safdarjung Airport. In the north of Kidwainagar - West, and famous Dilli Haat. In the east of Sarojini Nagar, another famous govt. residential colony of Delhi. In the west of INA colony.
Laxmi bai nagar is well connected with metro station and one can reach out to different location in mins from the place.