|Born||Laya Aiesha Lewis
14 May 1992
London, England, UK
Laya Lewis was born in South London, St George's Hospital. She moved to Bristol when she was 4 years old attending Millpond Primary School in Easton. She then went on to study at Fairfield Secondary School and then 6th Form at Cotham School.
While in sixth form Lewis made her television debut in the fifth series of E4's teen drama Skins, which started on 27 January 2011. She gained the role of Liv Malone through open auditions in Bristol. Members of the shows production team visited some of the local schools and she was asked to attend and audition. At the age of 16 she auditioned for the second generation of Skins, however when she arrived she decided not to participate.
In April 2012, Lewis starred in Emeli Sandé's music video "My Kind of Love", directed by Dawn Shadforth. It recounts the story of the ambiguous relationship of two characters, and how the younger girl, played by Lewis, lives with cancer. In 2013 she filmed The Line, a short movie written and directed by BAFTA nominated Faye Gilbert about a teenage girl and young boy running for their lives in a futuristic world. Next Lewis will play the lead role of Beverly in Beverley, a short film produced by Cass Pennant telling the true story of a mixed-race girl growing up in the city of Leicester in the 1980s.
|2011–2012||Skins||Liv Malone||E4 TV series (18 episodes)|
|2013||The Line||Short film|
|2014||Beverley||Beverly||Short film alongside Vicky McClure (filming)|
|2012||My Kind of Love||Emeli Sandé||Dawn Shadforth|
- Channel 4: Laya Lewis plays Liv
- Swift, Aimee (22 Jan 12). "Interview: Laya Lewis". The National Student (Liverpool). Retrieved 21 Apr 12.
- Screenterrier: Skins Season 5 - Meet Laya Lewis
- "Skins cast interview". pyromag. Retrieved 15 May 12.
- "Emeli Sandé New Video". Entertainment Wise. 20 Apr 12. Retrieved 21 Apr 12.
- "BFI shorts". Lighthouse. 18 July 13. Retrieved 15 Oct 13.
- "Vicky McClure and Laya Lewis to star in 1980s film set in Leicester". Leicester Mercury. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 9, 14 April.
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|