||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2009)|
world music, electro
|Past members||Sylvain Bayol
Lazuli are a French progressive rock band, formed in Southern France in 1998 by Claude and Dominique Leonetti.
Lazuli begun in 1998. In 1999 they released their first album Lazuli, which had difficulties to touch the public and achieved low popularity. They performed concerts occasionally, which earned success with the public.
Their second album, Amnésie, in 2004, helped Lazuli to sign with the Night & Day distribution group.
On July 2 and 3, 2005, Lazuli attended the Montreux Jazz Festival and received an award for "Under the sky".
- 1999 : Concert at FIMU in Belfort, France)
- 2004 : Second album "Amnésie"
- 2 & 3 July 2005 : Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland)
- 11 March 2006 : Baja Prog Festival in Mexicali (Mexico)
- 12 April 2006 : Concert at Colos-Saal in Aschaffenburg (Germany)
- 5 August 2006 : KOMMZ-Festival in Aschaffenburg (Germany)
- 12 August 2006: Concert in Bergerac, Dordogne (France), invited by Ange.
- 18 January 2007 : Colos-Saal à Aschaffenburg (Germany)
- 2 May 2009 : Rites of Spring festival (United States)
- 29 November 2009 : Lazuli announce split http://forum.spa-networks.co.uk/punforum/viewtopic.php?pid=1127#p1127
- 7 October 2011 : Summers End festival in Lydney United Kingdom
Lazuli combine progressive rock with world and electro music. Besides guitar, keyboards and drums the band plays also léode, vibraphone and horn; until 2009 split chapman stick, marimba and warr guitar were used as well.
Claude Leonetti invented and plays the léode, because he cannot use his left arm after a motorcycle accident.
Their lyrics are entirely in French.
- Studio albums
- Lazuli (1999)
- Amnésie (2004)
- En avant doute... (2007)
- Réponse incongrue à l'inéluctable (2009)
- 4603 battements (2011)
- tant que l'herbe est grace (2014)
- Video albums
- 6 frenchmen in Amsterdam - Live at Paradiso DVD (2009)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lazuli.|