Lazy Lake, Florida
|Lazy Lake, Florida|
|— Village —|
|• Mayor||Joe McCallion|
|• Total||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|• Land||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m)|
|• Density||620/sq mi ( 240/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0285410|
Lazy Lake is located at .
The village of Lazy Lake is roughly 620,000 sq ft (58,000 m2) in size, all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 38 people, 12 households, and 6 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,576.2 inhabitants per square mile (733.6/km²). There were 13 housing units at an average density of 539.2 per square mile (251.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 86.84% White (84.2% of which were Non-Hispanic White,) 10.53% African American, 2.63% Native American, and 2.6% Hispanic or Latino of any races.
There were 12 households out of which 41.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.7% were married couples living together, and 41.7% were non-families. 8.3% of all households were made up of individuals and none had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.17 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the village the population was spread out with 18.4% under the age of 18, 18.4% from 18 to 24, 26.3% from 25 to 44, 31.6% from 45 to 64, and 5.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 245.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 342.9 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $142,581, and the median income for a family was $41,667. Males had a median income of $31,875 versus $31,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $33,423. There were no families and 15.4% of the population living below the poverty line, including nobody under 18, and none of those over 64 years old.
It is the smallest incorporated community in Broward County by population and by area, largely due to the fact that it is completely composed of a single small housing development.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.0 square miles (0 km2), all land.
- "Lazy Lake, FL Demographics". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- "MLA Data Center Results of Lazy Lake, FL Demographics". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-10-22.