|Produced by||Michèle Ray-Gavras|
|Screenplay by||Karim Boukercha
|Based on||Le Capital
by Stéphane Osmont
Bernard Le Coq
|Music by||Armand Amar|
|Edited by||Yannick Kergoat
|Distributed by||Mars Distribution (France)|
|Running time||114 minutes|
The film follows an executive who is appointed the new CEO of a large French bank, and upsets the bank's board of directors when he begins to take unilateral control of the bank, laying off a large number of employees and making a corrupt deal with the head of an American hedge fund.
- Gabriel Byrne as Dittmar Rigule
- Gad Elmaleh as Marc Tourneuil
- Bernard Le Coq as Antoine de Suze
- Natacha Régnier as Diane Tourneuil
- Hippolyte Girardot as Raphaël Sieg
- Céline Sallette as Maud Baron
- Yann Sundberg as Boris Breton
- Olga Grumberg as Claude Marmande
- Liya Kebede as Nassim
- Vincent Nemeth as Alain Faure
- Daniel Mesguich as Jack Marmande
The film received slightly above average reviews during its initial appearance at various film festivals.
It was the closing film at the Festival International du Film Indépendant de Bordeaux in Bordeaux, France. It was nominated for the Golden Shell for best film, the Silver Shell for Best Director and the special jury prize at the 2012 San Sebastián International Film Festival and a FIPRESCI prize at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
The film began regular public showings on November 14, 2012.
- Capital at the Internet Movie Database
- Capital - Cohen Media Group (US Distributor)
- A Look at "Capital" With Filmmaker Costa-Gavras, Democracy Now!