Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Scottsdale
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts- Scottsdale|
|Established||1986 as Scottsdale Culinary Institute|
|Type||Private, For Profit|
|President||Jacob C. Elsen|
|Location||Scottsdale, Arizona, USA|
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts- Scottsdale formerly Scottsdale Culinary Institute (SCI) is a career-focused school in Arizona specializing in culinary and hospitality education. Elizabeth Sherman Leite started Scottsdale Culinary Institute in 1986. The College is owned by Career Education Corporation under a licensing agreement with Le Cordon Bleu in ParisThe Institute is located in a former country club on a golf course and lakefront overlooking Camelback Mountain.
Academics and programs
Scottsdale Culinary Institute is a Le Cordon Bleu Schools North American affiliate and offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Management and Le Cordon Bleu Hospitality and Restaurant Management and Associate of Occupational Studies degrees in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts, Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking and Le Cordon Bleu Restaurant and Hospitality Management and certificates in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts and Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Management:
- Concepts include buffet catering, supervision and management, international cuisine, economic theory.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Hospitality and Restaurant Management:
- Explores cultural and legal influences on the hospitality industry.
- Classes include Tourism and Hospitality Business, Organizational Philosophy, Hospitality Marketing Management, Environmental Science and much more.
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts:
- Training program discusses classic cooking methods, nutrition, product quality, cost control, effective communication techniques.
Le Cordon Bleu Hospitality and Restaurant Management:
- Explores practical management techniques, effective professional communication, Le Cordon Bleu cuisine, and human resource management.
Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking:
- Includes basic culinary techniques, tools and equipment, artisan bread production, European pastry production, design and creation of chocolate/sugar showpieces.
- Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking
- Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts
Scottsdale Culinary Admission requirements:
- Application for Admissions form
- Execute all enrollment documents including the Enrollment Agreement (if applicant is under 18 years of age, the Enrollment Agreement must also be signed by a parent or guardian)
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent
- Financial aid forms
- Payment of application fee
Scottsdale Culinary Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). Associate of Occupational Studies Degree in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts and Le Cordon Bleu Pâtisserie and Baking Programs: Accredited Programs, American Culinary Federation Foundation, Inc. Accrediting Commission. Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- The Arizona Department of Veteran Services, State Approving Agency
- State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Tribal Funding
- Job Training Partnership Act
- American Institute of Wine and Food
- Arizona Private School Association
- Better Business Bureau
- Career College Association
- International Association of Culinary Professionals
- National Restaurant Association
- Phoenix Restaurant Association
- Research Chefs Association
- Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
Camelback Campus is the main campus for Scottsdale Culinary Institute and is housed in a former country club overlooking the Camelback Mountain. Camelback Campus houses administrative offices, numerous classrooms and kitchens,and L’Ecole, a student-run 100-seat restaurant. L’Ecole serves as an operations classroom and instructional laboratories for our students of Scottsdale Culinary Institute.
The SkyBridge facility is an expansion of the Camelback Main Campus. It is located in Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona, minutes away from the main campus. The facilities at SkyBridge Campus include:
- administrative offices
- classrooms and kitchens
- The Main library
- L’Academie, another student-run bistro-style restaurant
Notable faculty and alumni
Silvana Salcido Esparza (alumna): the chef/owner of Barrio Café, in Phoenix, Arizona and graduate of Scottsdale Culinary Institute. Inducted into the Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame in 2004. Also nominated for the James Beard Award in 2010
Jon-Paul Hutchins (faculty): SCI Executive Chef
Stephanie Izard: Winner of Top Chef, Season 4
Kevin Binkley nominated for the James Beard Award in 2010
Ronnie Rivers Jr. (alumna): Chef at Painted Mountain Golf Resort in Mesa, AZ. Published author of Hearts Expression and Textpirations
- Scottsdale Culinary Institute – Le Cordon Bleu affiliated cooking school in Arizona
- Culinary Training, Culinary Education
- Restaurant Management Training â€“ Scottsdale Arizona
- Le Cordon Bleu Training
- Restaurant Management Program Area
- Patisserie Chef Training, PÃ¢tisserie Chef Training
- ACCSCT- Directory Search Results
- Accredited Institutions