|Studio album by Camille|
|Released||14 February 2005|
|Genre||A cappella, Chanson|
Le Fil is the second album by French singer Camille. The title translates as "The Thread". The album features a 'tone', a low-level drone that is in the background of every song, which Camille has described as 'her note'. The note is a B. The singer also mentioned that many people returned the record, thinking this sound was a fault with the recording. The title also arises due to the similar word 'fille' or girl which arises in a lot of the songs.
It was first released in 2005, and reissued in 2006 in the United States, the UK and Australia with four extra tracks. The final track on the original version, "Quand je marche", runs for close to 39 minutes. The actual song is only four minutes in duration, but the tone extends for over 30 minutes after it has ended. The final 30 seconds contain Camille speaking in French. This extended ending was cut from reissues featuring bonus tracks.
In 2008, the eighth track on Le Fil, "Senza", was used by Ford in televised adverts  for their Kuga SUV. The advert premiered at half time of the 2008 UEFA Champions League Final, opening up a new Pan-European audience to Camille's work. It has continued to air on networks across Europe throughout Euro 2008.
In 2010, the track "Ta douleur" was featured in the Saturday Night Live sketch "Les Jeunes de Paris".
- "La jeune fille aux cheveux blancs"
- "Ta douleur"
- "Janine I"
- "Baby Carni Bird"
- "Pour que l'amour me quitte"
- "Janine II"
- "Au port"
- "Janine III"
- "Pâle septembre"
- "Rue de Ménilmontant"
- "Quand je marche"
Reissue bonus tracks:
- "J'ai tort"
- "Jolie bruine"
- "Femme libérée"
|Australian Albums Chart||27|
|Belgium Albums Chart (Wallonia)||22|
|French Albums Chart||4|
|Swiss Albums Chart||48|
- Nickson, Chris (2005-05-03). "Le Fil - Camille". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Camille - Le Fil | album reviews". musicOMH. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Schiller, Mike. "Camille: Le Fil < PopMatters". Popmatters.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Camille, Le Fil | OMM | The Observer". Observer.guardian.co.uk. 2011-02-09. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Steffen Hung. "Camille - Le fil". lescharts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.