Le Radeau de la Méduse
Le Radeau de la Méduse (The Raft of the Méduse) is a French film by Iradj Azimi (1994).
1816. After the Battle of Waterloo, Louis XVIII is restored to the French throne. De Rochefort sets sail for Senegal on the frigate Méduse, captained by Captain Chaumareys, with the future governor of Senegal and his wife, Julien and Reine Schmaltz, on board. In no time, the atmosphere of the voyage is thick with hatred and mistrust. The tension mounts between the autocratic, incompetent Captain Chaumareys and Coudein, his lieutenant, until one fine day in June, despite Coudein's warnings, the Méduse is inexplicably wrecked.
- Jean Yanne (Duroy de Chaumareys)
- Daniel Mesguich (Lt. Coudein)
- Claude Jade (Reine Schmaltz)
- Philippe Laudenbach (Julien Schmaltz)
- Victor Garrivier (Richefort)
- Laurent Terzieff (Théodore Géricault)
- Jean Desailly (La Tullaye)
|This article related to a French film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|