Le Siècle (think tank)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are 580 members, subject to change every year, and 160 guests. They meet one Wednesday a month for dinner at the French Automobile Club, Place de la Concorde, Paris. Membership fees are 150 euros, plus 62 euros per meal.
Former and Current Members
- Claude Bébéar, former CEO of AXA.
- Thierry Breton, CEO of Atos, former Minister Minister of Economy, Finance, and Industry (2005-2007).
- Emmanuel Chain, former TV presenter on M6.
- Jean-Marie Colombani, former editor-in-chief of Le Monde (1994-2007).
- Jean-François Copé, President of the Union for a Popular Movement; member of the French National Assembly (2002-incumbent); Mayor of Meaux (1995-2002; 2005-incumbent); former Minister of the Budget (2005-2007).
- Michèle Cotta, first female member in 1983; political journalist.
- Anne-Marie Couderc, CEO of Presstalis.
- Rachida Dati, Member of the European Parliament and Mayor of the 7th arrondissement of Paris; former Minister of Justice (2007-2009).
- Renaud Denoix de Saint Marc, member of the Constitutional Council of France (2007-incumbent).
- Olivier Duhamel, Vice-President of Le Siècle (2010-incumbent); professor at the Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris; former Socialist Member of the European Parliament (1997-2004).
- Laurent Fabius, former Prime Minister (1984-1986).
- François Fillon, Prime Minister (2007-incumbent); former Minister of National Education (2004-2005); former Minister of Social Affairs (2002-2004).
- Claude Imbert, founding editor of Le Point.
- Odile Jacob, publisher.
- Denis Jeambar, journalist.
- Laurent Joffrin former editor-in-chief of Libération (2006-2011).
- Lionel Jospin, former Prime Minister (1997-2002), former Minister of National Education (1988-1992); former Minister of Sport (1988-1991).
- Serge July, founding editor of Libération.
- Denis Kessler, CEO of Scor, former President of Le Siècle (2007-2010).
- Étienne Lacour, Secretary General of Le Siècle; editor-in-chief of the Société Générale de Presse.
- Maurice Lévy, CEO of Publicis.
- Henri Loyrette, Vice-President of Le Siècle (2010-incumbent); director of the Louvre Museum (2001-incumbent).
- Nicole Notat, President of Le Siècle (2010-incumbent); CEO of Vigeo; former Secretary General of the CFDT.
- Michel Pébereau, CEO of BNP Paribas.
- Patrick Poivre d'Arvor, newscaster on TF1.
- Alain de Pouzilhac, former CEO of Havas.
- David Pujadas, TV presenter on France 2.
- Jean-Pierre Raffarin, member of the French Senate; former Prime Minister (2002-2005).
- Edouard de Rothschild.
- Nicolas Sarkozy, French President (2007-2012).
- Louis Schweitzer, former CEO of Renault.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, former Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (2007-2011).
- Marc Tessier, Treasurer of Le Siècle (2010-incumbent); former Chairman of France Télévisions.
- Philippe Villin, former Chairman of Le Figaro and France Soir.
- Gérard Worms, former CEO of N M Rothschild & Sons.
- Emmanuel Ratier, Au coeur du pouvoir (Faits&Documents, 1996).