Le Touquet – Côte d'Opale Airport
|Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale Airport
Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale
|IATA: LTQ – ICAO: LFAT|
|Operator||Société d'economie mixte de l'aéroport du Touquet (SEMAT)|
|Serves||Le Touquet, France|
|Elevation AMSL||21 ft / 6 m|
Location of Nord-Pas-de-Calais region in France
Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale Airport (French: Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale) (IATA: LTQ, ICAO: LFAT) is 2.9 kilometres (1.8 mi) east-southeast of Le Touquet, a commune of the Pas-de-Calais department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of France. It is on Côte d'Opale, the northern coast of France
The passenger terminal is open from 09:00-20:00 hours. Only LyddAir operates a scheduled service, to Lydd. There are three flying clubs and most of them also give flying lessons; two of them are helicopter schools and clubs.
Airlines and destinations
Flight school and clubs
- Pig Club is a helicopter piloting school.
- Le Touquet Opal Coast Flying Club is a helicopter school and club, owned by leading English school heli flight.
- Aéro Delahaye - Ecole de pilotage ULM is another flying club with a base here.
Accidents and incidents
- On 2 May 1981, Aer Lingus Flight 164, a Boeing 737-200 carry 108 passengers and crew was hijacked on a flight from Dublin Airport in Ireland to London Heathrow Airport in the United Kingdom. The hijacker had the pilots fly the plane to Le Touquet where it then stood for nearly 10 hours before French armed forces stormed the plane and apprehended the suspect. No one was killed or injured.
- Le Touquet airport is featured in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X mission Blind Across The Channel, in which the player flies a Cessna 172 from Manston Airport in Kent, UK on a foggy day using IFR.
- Aéroport Le Touquet Côte d'Opale - official site
- (French) Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale (LTQ / LFAT) at Union des Aéroports Français
- Accident history for LTQ at Aviation Safety Network
|This French airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|