Le Touquet – Côte d'Opale Airport
|Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale Airport
Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale
|IATA: LTQ – ICAO: LFAT|
|Operator||Société d'economie mixte de l'aéroport du Touquet (SEMAT)|
|Serves||Le Touquet, France|
|Elevation AMSL||21 ft / 6 m|
Location of Nord-Pas-de-Calais region in France
|Source: French AIP|
Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale Airport (French: Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale) (IATA: LTQ, ICAO: LFAT) is 2.9 kilometres (1.8 mi) east-southeast of Le Touquet, a commune of the Pas-de-Calais department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of France. It is on Côte d'Opale, the northern coast of France
The passenger terminal is open from 09:00-20:00 hours. Only LyddAir operates a scheduled service, to Lydd. There are three flying clubs most of them also give flying lessons; two of them are helicopter schools and clubs.
Airlines and destinations
Flight school & clubs
- Pig Club is a helicopter piloting school.
- Le Touquet Opal Coast Flying Club is a helicopter school and club, owned by leading English school heli flight.
- Aéro Delahaye - Ecole de pilotage ULM is another flying club with a base here.
Le Touquet has been a very popular hot spot for UK pilots as one of their first landings on non-UK soil, which makes it a popular destination for fly-outs for flying clubs.
Accidents and incidents
- On 2 May 1981, Aer Lingus Flight 164, a Boeing 737-200 carry 108 passengers and crew was hijacked on a flight from Dublin Airport in Ireland to London Heathrow Airport in the United Kingdom. The hijacker had the pilots fly the plane to Le Touquet where it then stood for nearly 10 hours before French armed forces stormed the plane and apprehended the suspect. No one was killed or injured.
- Aéroport Le Touquet Côte d'Opale - official site
- (French) Aéroport de Le Touquet - Côte d'Opale (LTQ / LFAT) at Union des Aéroports Français
- Accident history for LTQ at Aviation Safety Network
|This French airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|