Le grand soir (film)
|Le grand soir|
|Directed by||Benoît Delépine
Gustave de Kervern
|Produced by||Jean-Pierre Guérin
|Written by||Benoît Delépine
Gustave de Kervern
|Music by||Les Wampas, Brigitte Fontaine|
|Editing by||Stéphane Elmadjian|
|Distributed by||Ad Vitam|
|Running time||92 minutes|
Le grand soir (French pronunciation: [lə.gʁɑ̃.swaʁ]) is a 2012 French-Belgian drama film directed by Benoît Delépine and Gustave de Kervern. The film competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival where it won the Special Jury Prize. It won the Magritte Award for Best Costume Design.
Not is a notorious punk while his brother Jean-Pierre leads a square life as a salesman. One day Not realises that his brother needs some support. Jean-Pierre struggles with his job and also fails when he tries to save his marriage. Not teaches his brother to survive after all.
- Benoît Poelvoorde as Not
- Albert Dupontel as Jean-Pierre Bonzini
- Brigitte Fontaine as Mother - Marie-Annick Bonzini
- Areski Belkacem as Father - René Bonzini
- Bouli Lanners as the security guard
- Serge Larivière as the director of the 'Grand Litier'
- Stéphanie Pillonca as Jean-Pierre's ex-wife
- Miss Ming as the mute young woman
- Chloé Mons as the punk girl
- Yolande Moreau as the punk girl's mother
- Gérard Depardieu as Juvénal
- Didier Wampas as himself
- Noël Godin as the husband
- Denis Barthe as the barkeeper
- Vincent Tavier as client of the 'Grand Litier'
- Alain Magnan as the bride's father
- "2012 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "2012 Cannes Film Festival line-up announced!". Total Film. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- Cannes (2012-05-27). "Awards 2012". festival-cannes.fr. Cannes Film Festival. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Leurquin, Anne-Sophie (February 2, 2013). "Quatre Magritte pour « A perdre la raison »". Le Soir (in French). Retrieved February 3, 2013.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Belgian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|