League of Their Own
League Of Their Own 2006 is a black-and-white nude calendar featuring 12 of the Australian rugby league players from the National Rugby League competition. The photos were taken by the Australian celebrity photographer Pedro Virgil.
The calendar was released in December 2005 and was produced in the same erotic style that has made French rugby's annual Dieux du Stade calendars so successful, with the players being photographed nude separately in various locations, both indoors and outdoors. Proceeds from the sales of League Of Their Own 2006 went to the Koori Kids foundation, an organization that uses sport to assist indigenous and non-indigenous Australian children living in rural and remote areas to achieve their goals and dreams in life. 2005 Dally M Medal winner Johnathan Thurston was chosen to appear on the cover.
The calendar featured the following players:
- January - Amos Roberts (Sydney Roosters)
- February - Ashley Harrison (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- March - Ryan McGoldrick (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
- April - Ben Ross (Penrith Panthers)
- May - Brad Tighe (Newcastle Knights)
- June - Liam Fulton (Wests Tigers)
- July - Nick Youngquest (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- August - Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos)
- September - Riley Brown (Newcastle Knights)
- October - Michael Witt (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
- November - Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
- December - Stuart Webb (Sydney Roosters)
Naked Rugby League (2007-08)
A fourteen month calendar titled Naked Rugby League 2007-08 was released the following year, with Brad Tighe and Ryan McGoldrick being omitted and were replaced with the addition of Greg Bird from the Cronulla Sharks, Brent Webb from the New Zealand Warriors, Paul Whatuira from the Wests Tigers and an unknown mystery player, who has been photographed from behind.
|This rugby league football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This photography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|