Miller at the 2009 Juno Fanfare event
July 20, 1981 |
|Known for||Television host|
|Spouse(s)||Dallas Green (2008–present)|
Leah Miller (born July 20, 1981) is a former MuchMusic VJ from Toronto, and current host for So You Think You Can Dance Canada. She is also a correspondent for the entertainment news show ETalk, and, until recently, hosted E! in Canada.
Miller is the youngest of four children; she has an older sister and two older brothers. She won the title of Miss Junior Dance of Canada when she was 13 and danced on a competitive basis until age 16. After attending Cardinal Carter Academy for the Arts and Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School in Toronto, Ontario, Miller moved to Los Angeles to gain acting experience and worked on Ashton Kutcher's celebrity prank show Punk'd and in Chris Rock's movie Down to Earth. Missing her family, she moved back to Toronto after a few years.
Miller joined the Much family as a VJ in November 2004 after trying out for four years. She hosted MuchMusic's flagship show "MuchOnDemand" for five years. She has hosted The MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVAS) and various Live@Much specials. Some of her notable interviews include Coldplay, Gwen Stefani, Halle Berry, Kanye West, Avril Lavigne, Rihanna, Matthew McConaughey, Fergie, Dallas Green, Alexisonfire, P!nk, Lily Allen, Taylor Swift, Hilary Duff, Malin Åkerman, The Pussycat Dolls, Jason Segel, and Paul Rudd. On August 31, 2009 Miller, along with all the other VJs, hosted her final MuchOnDemand episode. Perez Hilton, Hilary Duff and former VJ Matte Babel were included in the show.
So You Think You Can Dance Canada
In April 2008, it was announced that Miller would host So You Think You Can Dance Canada, which began broadcasting across Canada in September of that year. She received the 2009 Gemini Award for Best Performance or Host in a Variety Program or Series, and was also nominated in 2010.
In February 2010, Miller joined etalk hosts Tanya Kim and Ben Mulroney, along with etalk reporters, Elaine “Lainey” Lui, Susie Wall, and Jeanne Beker in Vancouver to cover the 2010 Winter Games for CTV.
- Hailey Eisen (December 2006). "Leah Miller". Post City Magazines. Archived from the original on 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- "MuchMusic Personalities: Leah Miller". MuchMusic. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- "MuchMusic VJ Miller to host 'So You Think You Can Dance Canada'". Toronto Star. 2008-04-02.
- Rita Zekas (2007-06-09). "For young veejay, it's simply glam". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- Towie, Brian, "The two sides of Dallas Green: Alexisonfire guitarist enjoys solo success", Metro News, Jan 25, 2008 Last accessed Jan 3, 2008
- (January 16, 2009)."Dallas Green, Leah Miller marry in secret ceremony", Canwest News Service. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Barry Hertz (15 May 2009). "My Toronto: Leah Miller". National Post. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Hannah Sung (September 29, 2009). "Dancing queen Leah Miller", Flare. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leah Miller.|