Leanne Marshall in February 2009
|Born||Yuba City, CaliforniaOctober 10, 1980|
|Education||Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising|
|Television||Project Runway Season 5 (Winner)|
Marshall is a graduate of The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in San Francisco and a recipient of their Levi’s Dockers Fashion Designer of Tomorrow award.
Leanne Marshall and Wesley Nault were the bottom two design contestants in Episode 2 of Project Runway, "The Grass Is Always Greener". In Episode 3, "Bright Lights, Big City", Marshall was among the top three design contestants. She maintained a good stride throughout the rest of the competition, consecutively winning two challenges: "Fashion that Drives You" and "Double 0 Fashion".
Marshall was chosen as one of the final top three design contestants and designed a wave-inspired collection for the final competition. Her collection was judged against collections by Kenley Collins with some of Collins' personally hand-painted fabrics, and Korto Momolu with Momolu's hints of African inspiration. Leanne Marshall's feminine waves captured the judges and she became the winner of Season 5.
Marshall began her runway fashion career in 2006 and 2007 at Portland Fashion Week in Portland, Oregon.
Marshall has showed at New York Fashion Week and Fashion weeks around the globe since 2009.
Her handmade wedding gowns are available at select boutiques worldwide and online.
She creates one-of-a-kind and custom garments for both celebrity and non-celebrity clients. Her design studio is located in Brooklyn, NY.
Marshall most recently designed a series of dresses for Paula Abdul.
- McCabe, Jen. "Portland Fashion Week". The Oregonian.
- Magsaysay, Melissa (July 2, 2009). "Project Runway Season 5 winner Leanne Marshall's debut collection hits bluefly.com Wednesday". Los Angeles Times.
- "Leanne Marshall’s Bluefly Collection Is Finally Ready". New York Magazine.
- Wilson, Stacy. "Project Runway's Leanne Marshall Wows At Fashion Week". film.com.
- EW.com, October 16, 2008
- BuddyTV.com, October 16, 2008
- CurrentVine.com, September 24, 2008
- Etsy.com, August 13, 2008
|Project Runway winner
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|