||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2012)|
|Headquarters||Sunrise, Florida, U.S.|
|Jim Riley (CEO
JW Ray (COO)
Don Cook (CMO)
Bob Colletti (CFO)
Ted Schneider (CTO)
Learn.com was founded by Jim Riley and Patrick Toomey in January 1999 as a website that allowed anyone to create and publish e-learning courses or e-learning sites (called LearnCenters). Learn.com became an early example of a website containing open content.
In September 2000, Learn.com introduced the first commercial version of its LearnCenter LMS, with assistance of co-founder JW Ray.
In September 2002, Learn.com acquired Learn2 Corporation, a provider of e-learning content.
In June 2004, Learn.com acquired Mentor Communications, Inc.
In September 2007, Learn.com introduced its WebRoom web conferencing product.
In June 2009, Learn.com introduced its Learn.com Personal Edition (LPE), a website that allows anyone to take courses and learn/improve skills or create and publish their own courses.
In September 2010, Learn.com signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Taleo Corporation (NASDAQ: TLEO), the leader in the on-demand Talent Management market. In December 2010, the acquisition by Taleo was settled and Learn.com ceased to exist as an independent company. The Learn.com LMS product was incorporated into the Taleo product sets. In April 2012, Taleo was in turn acquired by Oracle Corporation.
Learn.com claims to offer a plethora of products and services including:
- LearnCenter platform can manage the pre-hire to retire lifecycle.
- FormFlow is an application which allows organizations to create customized forms.
- PeopleCenter Platform is an application which allows non-technical users to create custom applications without the support of IT.
- WebRoom is a 24/7 virtual office and meeting space.
- Content Library is a professional content library with over 5,000 titles.
- Course Authoring is a way to create Flash-based interactive courses that include quizzes, tests, games and simulations.
- Learn2 which offers training in software suite.
- Learn.com Personal Edition (LPE) is a platform that allows for individuals to improve and develop new skills for the workforce
In November 2009, announced that Learn.com was the first winner in their newly created Best Talent Management System (TMS) category. Learn.com also won top honors for its Learning Management System (LMS) in this readers' choice award and continued the trend of Best Enterprise LMS recognition for a record fourth year in a row as the company had won top honors in 2006 from Training Magazine.
In January 2008, Elearning! Magazine announced that their readers had voted the Learn.com LearnCenter platform as the Best LMS for 2007. Elearning! Magazine voters also gave top honors to Learn.com's Information Technology (IT) and Soft Skills content libraries. Learn.com LearnCenter was voted one of the Best Enterprise LMS for 2007 and 2008.
- Human Capital Management
- Learning Management System
- Performance Management
- Talent management
- Taleo Corporation
- Lager, B: "The Kids that ECOT Taught", page 250. EOS, 2002
- Elearning! Magazine
- Elearning! Magazine: "Best of Elearning! Awards 2007", Dec 2007 http://www.2elearning.com/solutions/virtual-classroom/top-stories/top-stories-item/article/best-of-elearning-awards-2007.html
- Elearning! Magazine: "Best of Elearning! Award Winners Named", pg 18 Dec 2008/Jan 2009