|Town of Lebanon, Virginia|
|Nickname(s): "Heart of Southwest Virginia"|
|Motto: "Progressing for the Future"|
|• Mayor||Nelson A.Dodi|
|• Total||4.1 sq mi (10.6 km2)|
|• Land||4.1 sq mi (10.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,060 ft (628 m)|
|U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Population Estimates|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1498504|
Lebanon is located at .(36.900912, -82.076988)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 4.1 square miles (10.6 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,424 people, 1,507 households, and 884 families residing in the town. The population density was 835.1 people per square mile (323.0/km²). There were 1,681 housing units at an average density of 410.0 per square mile (158.6/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 94.7% White, 2.9% African American, 0.3% Native American, 0.5% from other races, and 0.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.4% of the population.
There were 1,507 households out of which 23.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.0% were married couples living together, 14.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 41.3% were non-families. 36.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the town the population was spread out with 21.0% under the age of 18, 5.9% from 20 to 24, 25.9% from 25 to 44, 24.8% from 45 to 64, and 20.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 86.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $24,272, and the median income for a family was $47,708. Males had a median income of $42,404 versus $37,900 for females. The per capita income for the town was $23,822. About 25.9% of families and 28.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 40.0% of those under age 18 and 11.9% of those age 65 or over.
Lebanon is the hometown of Survivor: Redemption Island cast member Ralph Kiser.
The Lebanon High School Boys track team won the Group A state title in 2008.The team photo is in the Lebanon High School lobby. The Lebanon High School Boys Basketball team won Group A state title in 1991.
It is illegal to buy or sell any alcohol and accented business sell alcoholic beverages at this location in the county on Sundays. citation needed][
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lebanon, Virginia.|
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010". American Fact Finder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "2007-2011 American Community Survey". American Fact Finder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- VHSL Outdoor Track