|Lectionary ℓ 2|
|Now at||Bibliothèque nationale de France|
|Size||28.6 cm by 21.8 cm|
Lectionary 2, designated by siglum ℓ 2 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering). It is a Greek manuscript of the New Testament, on vellum leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 10th-century. Formerly it was variously dated. Scrivener dated to the 9th-century, Henri Omont to the 14th-century, Gregory to the 10th-century. In the present day it is unanimously dated to the 10th-century.
The codex contains Lessons from the Gospels lectionary (Evangelistarium) with some lacunae. The text is written in Greek uncial letters, on 257 parchment leaves (28.6 cm by 21.8 cm), 2 columns per page, 18 lines per page. It has musical notes.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments, (Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter, 1994), p. 219.
- F. H. A. Scrivener, "A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament" (George Bell & Sons: London 1894), vol. 1, p. 328.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs’sche Buchhandlung. p. 387.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs, relatif au N. T., conservé dans les bibliothèques des Paris (Paris 1883), p. 138
- The Greek New Testament, ed. K. Aland, A. Black, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger, and A. Wikgren, in cooperation with INTF, United Bible Societies, 3rd edition, (Stuttgart 1983), p. XXIX.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 27 August 2011.