|Lectionary ℓ 251|
|Now at||Russian National Library|
|Size||29.2 cm by 21.8 cm|
Lectionary 251, designated by siglum ℓ 251 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), is a Greek manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 10th century. Scrivener labelled it as 195evl.
Scrivener and Gregory dated the manuscript to the 10th century, de Muralt to the 9th or 10th century. It has been assigned by the Institute for New Testament Textual Research to the 10th century.
The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Scrivener (number 195) and Gregory (number 251).
The manuscript is not cited in the critical editions of the Greek New Testament (UBS3).
Notes and references
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 233. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Handschriftenliste at the INTF
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, Vol. 1 (4th ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. pp. 340–341.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig. p. 408.
- Eduard de Muralt, Catalogue des manuscrits grecs de la Bibliothèque Impériale publique (Petersburg 1864), p. 24 (as XLIII)
- The Greek New Testament, ed. K. Aland, A. Black, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger, and A. Wikgren, in cooperation with INTF, United Bible Societies, 3rd edition, (Stuttgart 1983), pp. XXVIII, XXX.
- Eduard de Muralt, Catalogue des manuscrits grecs de la Bibliothèque Impériale publique (Petersburg 1864), p. 32 (as LVI)