Led Zeppelin European Tour Autumn 1969
|Europe Autumn 1969|
Poster for Led Zeppelin's concert at the Lyceum Ballroom, a show which was added to its Autumn 1969 European tour
|Concert tour by Led Zeppelin|
|Start date||3 October 1969|
|End date||12 October 1969|
|Led Zeppelin concert chronology|
Led Zeppelin's Autumn 1969 European Tour was a concert tour of Europe by the English rock band, commencing on 3 October and concluding on 12 October 1969. The tour consisted of four concerts held on the European mainland, but also included a single performance at the Lyceum Ballroom in London, England. This brief tour was organised to promote the imminent release of the band's second album, Led Zeppelin II. The album was released in late October 1969, just following the conclusion of this tour.
For the concert in London, the English press announced that Led Zeppelin will receive "the highest fee ever paid to a British group for a one-nighter in this country", although the actual fee was never publicly divulged. Support for this concert was provided by The Frosty Noses and Audience.
The night in Paris on 10 October 2014 is to be released as Led Zeppelin (Deluxe Edition) on 3 June 2014, with "Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown" released on 15 April 2014 on iTunes only.
Tour set list
Despite the original intent of the tour being to promote the band's album, ultimately only two tracks from the album were performed for the first time, namely "Heartbreaker" and "What Is and What Should Never Be".
The fairly typical set list for the tour was:
- "Good Times Bad Times" (Bonham, Jones, Page)
- "Communication Breakdown" (Bonham, Jones, Page)
- "I Can't Quit You Baby" (Dixon)
- "Heartbreaker" (Bonham, Page, Plant)
- "You Shook Me" (Dixon, Lenoir)
- "What Is and What Should Never Be" (Page, Plant)
- "Dazed and Confused" (Page)
- "White Summer"/"Black Mountain Side" (Page)
- "How Many More Times" (Bonham, Jones, Page)
There were some set list substitutions, variations, and order switches during the tour.
|3 October 1969||Scheveningen||Netherlands||Circus Theatre|
|4 October 1969||Rotterdam||De Doelen|
|5 October 1969||Amsterdam||Concertgebouw|
|10 October 1969||Paris||France||Paris Olympia|
|12 October 1969||London||England||Lyceum Ballroom|
- Comprehensive archive of known concert appearances by Led Zeppelin (official website)
- Led Zeppelin concert setlists
- Lewis, Dave and Pallett, Simon (1997) Led Zeppelin: The Concert File, London: Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-7119-5307-4.