January 3, 1970 |
Cheongju, South Korea
|Agent||C-JeS Entertainment (2014–)|
Lee Yoon Jin (m. 2010)
|Children||daughter (2011), son (2014)|
|Revised Romanization||I Beom-su|
Lee enrolled in the Department of Theater at Chung-ang University in Seoul in 1988. He made his acting debut in the 1990 film Kurae, Kakkumun Hanulul Boja (Yes, Let’s Look Up At the Sky Now and Again). Following his debut, he appeared in films including The Ginkgo Bed, City of the Rising Sun, The Anarchists, Jungle Juice and Wet Dreams, but it was the 2003 film Singles that made him rise to stardom. The Korean press has dubbed him "The Little Giant of Chungmuro" (Korean equivalent of Hollywood). He received a 2011 Seoul Art & Culture Award for best TV drama actor for his role in Giant.
Lee Beom-soo got married for the first time in 2003 but divorced after four months. In 2010, he married Lee Yoon-jin, an English interpreter, who taught him English. Shortly after the May ceremony, they announced that they were expecting their first child. Their daugther, So-eul (소을), was born on March 1, 2011. On February 21, 2014 their first son was born.
|2013||Prime Minister and I||Prime Minister Kwon Yool||KBS2|
|IRIS 2||Yoo Joong-won||KBS|
|2012||Dr. Jin||Lee Ha-weung||MBC|
|History of a Salaryman||Yoo Bang||SBS|
|2008||On Air (SBS, 2008)||Jang Ki-joon|
|2007||Surgeon Bong Dal-hee||Ahn Joong-geun|
|If in Love... Like Them||Mnet/SBS|
|1999||Love Story Ep 2 "Message"||SBS|
|Brown Eyes||"Already One Year"|
|Kim Jong-wook||"Bad Guy"|
|2006||SG Wannabe||"Precious History"|
|2007||47th Grand Bell Awards||Popularity Award|
|43rd Baeksang Arts Awards||Popularity Award||Surgeon Bong Dal-hee|
|SBS Drama Awards||Best Couple Award with Lee Yo-won|
|Top Ten Star Award|
|Producers' Choice Award|
|2008||Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Hot Male Drama Star|
|2010||SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellent Award, Special Planning Drama-Actor||Giant|
|Top Ten Star Award|
|2013||KBS Drama Awards||Best Couple Award with Im Yoona||Prime Minister and I|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lee Bum-Soo.|
- "Lee Bum-soo chooses C-JeS as new agency". Korea JoongAng Daily. 2014-3-21. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- "Lee Beom-soo's wife, Lee Yun-jin, four months pregnant". Hancinema. 2013-9-4. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- "Lee Bum Soo Becomes a Father of Two!". Soompi. 2014-2-21. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- "Actor Lee marries English interpreter". Korea Times. 2010-5-23. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- "Rain, SNSD among winners of 2011 Seoul Art & Culture Award". AsiaOne. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "배우 이범수와 행복한 가정 꾸린 이윤진의 슈퍼맘 다이어리" (in Korean). Donga Woman. 2011-8-17. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- "Lee Beom-soo becomes a father "Daughter and wife healthy"". Hancinema. 2011-3-1. Retrieved 2014-7-10.
- Kwon, Mee-yoo (27 February 2008). "On Air Looks Into Making of Dramas". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "Lee Bum-soo". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2014-7-10.