|Chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports|
|Preceded by||Arnold Schwarzenegger|
November 11, 1959 |
|Alma mater||Southern Methodist University|
Lee Haney (born November 11, 1959) is an American former IFBB professional bodybuilder. Haney is the joint record holder, along with Ronnie Coleman, for winning the most Mr. Olympia titles, with eight.
A devout born again Christian, Haney has his own program on the Trinity Broadcasting Network called "TotaLee Fit with Lee Haney," where he is usually joined by famous Christian sportsmen, and on occasion his wife. On the show he teaches the importance of both physical and spiritual growth. One of his most famous quotes is that we should "train to stimulate, not annihilate."
He and his wife reside in Fayette County, Georgia. Their two children are now in college. President Bill Clinton appointed Haney chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
In October 2005, Ronnie Coleman tied Haney's Mr Olympia record becoming only the second person to win eight consecutive Mr. Olympia titles. Haney is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, where he earned a degree in child psychology.
- Height: 5’11½” / 181 cm.
- Off Season Weight: 260 lbs / 118 kg.
- Competition Weight: 248 lbs / 112 kg.
- 1979 Teen Mr. America[disambiguation needed]
- 1979 Teen Mr. America Tall, 1st
- 1982 Junior Nationals Heavyweight & Overall, 1st
- 1982 Nationals Heavyweight & Overall, 1st
- 1982 World Amateur Championships Heavyweight, 1st
- 1983 Grand Prix England, 2nd
- 1983 Grand Prix Las Vegas, 1st
- 1983 Grand Prix Sweden, 2nd
- 1983 Grand Prix Switzerland, 3rd
- 1983 Night of Champions, 1st
- 1983 Mr. Olympia, 3rd
- 1983 World Pro Championships, 3rd
- 1984 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1985 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1986 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1987 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1987 Grand Prix Germany (II), 1st
- 1988 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1989 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1990 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- 1991 Mr. Olympia, 1st
- Lee Haney's website
- Lee Haney on Twitter
- Lee Haney at the Internet Movie Database
- Lee Haney's muscle-insider.com